Monday 22 April 2024

Our April Guest ...

  Please welcome our April guest designer, MITZI LUTTRULL (USA) with her wonderful take on our Black and White with vintage photo challenge this month.


My inspiration was the picture with the curvy lines. My old map has curved lines and the quote I used is written in an arc. The photo was taken sometime around 1927.


An avid paper crafter for 20 years, scrapbooking and card making are my favorites. Having served on three different design teams over the years, I appreciate the community they built. I have 10 grandchildren who are often the subjects of my pages. I hope to leave future generations an accounting of their ancestors. Since retirement from teaching, I’m very involved in my community, my church and various groups of friends, all of which provide for many photo ops. (Great scrapping material!!) Other ways I keep busy are playing golf, sewing, reading, playing guitar and violin, and walking my rescue dog, Daisy.

On this page I have layered several different patterned papers. I have fussy cut some and tore others to create an eclectic look.

This page features several of my favorite ways to scrap- its a double layout, I’ve used vellum to soften the vibrant background paper to make the pictures pop, and the paper itself mimics what can be seen in the photos (tulips.)

Thank you so much for joining us as a guest on White with 1 this month. It has been lovely having you with us.

There is still plenty of time to join in with our April Black and White with vintage photo challenge - entries close midnight on the last day of the month. We'd love to see your entry - perhaps you could guest design with us too.


No comments: