Friday 22 September 2023

Our September guest ...

Please welcome our September guest designer, Kathy Price, with her delightful take on our BLACK and White moodboard (with washi) challenge this month.


I was inspired by the pencils first so I changed my photos using a pencil drawing app. The texture of the bed linen jumped out at me so I hand stitched and wove the black and white thread behind the photos. Washi incorporated the clocks and the splash of colour in bottom photo reflected the splash of light from bottom middle prompt. The Aztec designs and feel were followed through with the paper strips and washi behind the photos and across the waving. Finally the thin lettering inspired the thin font choice for the title.


Hi there, I have been an avid scrapbookers for 20 years, thanks to a very special friend who finally encouraged me into the illuminating world of paper design with photos to capture history as it happens in the everyday life of everyday people. I call my style eclectic, changing to suit my creative mood, design brief memos and call from the photos or events. I am a paper junkie and love the beauty that evolves with the cutting up and rearranging of this essential scrapbook element.

 You can follow me on instagram @kathyloves2scrap as well as my blog - kathyscr.blogspot.com and my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2b5YkXgkPelS885jjHv4fA

 Thanks for taking the time to get to know a little about me and my work.

Here are two of my recent layouts that I love.


Thank you so much for taking the time to guest with us this month Kathy.  It's been a real pleasure.

There is still plenty of time to join in with our challenge this month - we'd love to see your take using black and white.

No comments: