Thursday 22 June 2023

Our June guest ...

 Please welcome our June guest designer, Wendy Watson, with her stunning take on our CORAL moodboard (with chipboard or wood veneer) challenge this month.



The coral layout was made using a stencil to cut out the paper sections then using another stencil and ink I did the in between sections. Over the paper using the same stencil I used gesso and applied small beads while it was still wet. I matted the photo in white and raised this on foam. Then using flowers, lace flowers, wooden buttons and cogs as embellishments. I painted the chipboards title with gesso then stamped the black print over this.


I am married with 4 grown up boys and 3 gorgeous grandkids and 2 fur babies. I am a full time school teacher who in my spare time loves having my hands occupied in many different crafts including crochet, sewing and patchwork. Over the last few years I have started into paper crafts. I have followed a few online classes and then just experimented. My style ranges between simple to lots of embellishments. I have also just started to use more mixed media. I mainly do scrapbooking but also some cards and journals. Being in my craft room is certainly my happy place.



Thank you so much for guesting with White with 1 Wendy and sharing your wonderful talent with all of us. It has been a pleasure to have you with us.

There is still plenty of time to join in with our challenge this month - we'd love to see your take using this gorgeous colour.

No comments: