Monday 22 November 2021

Our November guest ...

Please welcome our lovely November guest designer, Wendy Watsonwith her delightful take on our challenge this month. There is still time to play along with us - we'd love to see your entry.




When I first saw the mood board for the November challenge I must admit I did panic a bit as green is not my favourite colour and I thought there would be nothing much in my stash… Well I was wrong! I mounted my layout on cardstock and used a granny apple ink with a chevron stencil on the background. I layered a striped length of paper with a textured piece and a doily that I inked. I then mounted my 3 photos with the cardstock. My embellishments include a heart cut form the striped paper, some die cut star bursts which I then inked and put glossy accents on the tips to provide a shine. I also used some thread and small plastic disks. My titles were die cuts and two stamps that were very fitting. Of course, this is one of my gorgeous grandkids.   I hope you enjoy my layouts.


Hi my name is Wendy and I am delighted to be a guest designer this month. I am married with 4 grown up sons and 3 gorgeous grandkids. I am a primary school teacher and my happy place is with my family or in my craft room. I love a many different types of craft including sewing, quilting and crochet. I have only just recently (about 2 years ago) discovered the joy of papercraft. This has certainly been my saviour during lockdowns (yes, I’m from Victoria…so I certainly know what a lockdown is!). However, this has given me a lot of time to develop my paper crafting skills. I love fussy cutting (I find it very therapeutic!) My layouts can vary from very simple to an over indulgence in embellishments. I also like using mixed media. I am also a Kaszazz consultant. https://www.kaszazz.com/consultant/wendy-watson


I have recently started a blog (very much a work in progress where I hope to continue to share my creations. https://lovewhatidocraftncreations.blogspot.com/


I also have a Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/Love-What-I-Do-Craft-n-Creations-103148681463590 Feel free to pop over and have a look.


Using patchwork pieces (good for using up leftovers) and torn layers with an embellishment of colour cuts, vellum, ribbon and a flair button.

A quick page but I felt just suited this photo of my adventurous granddaughter. This was made from a cover sheet of a paper pack that I cut into patchwork pieces and mounted the smaller pictures with cardstock to make them pop. The title I created myself and then inked in layers.


Remember ...

You still have plenty of time until the end of the month to upload your own take on our challenge. All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you will do with our colour this month.


No comments: