Wednesday 22 September 2021

Our September guest ...

Please welcome our lovely September guest designer, Margaret Crawfordwith her delightful take on our challenge this month. There is still time to play along with us - we'd love to see your entry.


CRITERIA - Please use at least one of the following items from the moodboard:
Flowers - Enamel Dots - Spray Ink

I covered all the mood board - Distress Oxide Sprays Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet on cardstock, flowers, cheesecloth and thread; flowers - fussy cut and dyed flowers;  dots - pearl adhesives.



Hi, Margaret Crawford here. I have retired to Umina Beach, on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW.

I have been involved in some form of craft all my life.  If you had asked me when I was at school ‘what do you want to do when you leave school’ it was always ‘become a sewing teacher’.  Well, that did not eventuate and I left school and entered into a long career in a major financial institution.  However, I did continue with knitting, sewing and embroidery whilst working and enrolled in a Commercial Needlecraft course at TAFE and this proved to a major turning point in my working life.

I was made redundant and began a business teaching patchwork and embroidery and doing major commission work.  After 9 years I went back to full-time work in another financial institution and left when my father needed care at home.  A year teaching English in China followed and then what?

These days, I love all forms of papercraft – scrapbooking and cardmaking.  I have discovered I love mixed media and this current lockdown has allowed me more time to experiment and try out new techniques. 

In addition, I believe in ‘giving back’ and I support Southern Cross Kids Camps making 6” x 6” scrapbook pages for kids attending their camps.  I also make and donate cards for groups, currently making Christmas Cards for Rural Aid to send out to farmers.  If any group has a need I will help out.

I love challenges of the scrapbook kind and I thank White with 1 for the opportunity, this month, to be a guest designer.  Please enjoy my DREAM layout.

Margaret


Many thanks for guesting with us this month. It has been a real pleasure having you join us.

Remember ...

You still have plenty of time until the end of the month to upload your own take on our challenge. All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you will do with our colour this month.



No comments: