Wednesday 22 May 2019

Our May guest ...

Please welcome as our guest designer for May,  Laurie Leahey from the USA with her sweet layout based on our CHOCOLATE KISSES colour and moodboard.

I used up bits of white cardstock scraps to do a layered look with the solid brown cardstock. Behind it, I created texture (inspired by the swirls on the chocolate cake and the fur of the teddy bear from the mood board) by mixing white pellets from 13@rts with clear gesso and smearing that on the patterned paper background. I also think the decorative pine cones (tinged with white paint to evoke snow) adds extra texture and dimension.


Hi I'm Laurie from the United States, a Midwest transplant on the East Coast. By day, I review toys, but by night (and every other hour I'm not at work), I'm a blogger and scrapbooker. I've been scrapbooking since high school, but my scrapbooking style has definitely evolved over 15+ years. I share my scrapbook pages plus other crafts and gluten-free food adventures (thanks to my Celiac husband) on my blog, Cook Scrap Craft. I am also a first-time mom to a little girl, so I always have a lot of pictures to scrap!


Instagram: Instagram




Thank you so much for joining us as our guest this month Laurie and showing us your lovely work. 


Remember ....

You still have plenty of time until the end of the month to upload your own take on our challenge. All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our colour this month.

No comments: