Tuesday 22 August 2017

Getting to know ...

Each month one of our team will either introduce themselves and their lovely work to you with a few questions and answers or alternatively inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your creative pursuits.

This month we introduce ...

Australia



How long have you been scrapbooking and what first got you started?

I started scrapping about 14 years ago, when my daughter decided to have a go at scrapbooking as a school project. I was never going to take up scrapbooking, as I already had done so many different crafts, and had so many unfinished projects (still do – lol). However, the thought of being able to complete a project reasonably quickly was appealing, so yep, I dove in and have been doing it ever since.



How would you describe your personal scrapbooking style?

I really don’t know how to describe my style, as I like to have a go at everything. I love adding mixed media to my pages, but sometimes the page won’t suit that, so I will just do traditional scrapbooking. Someone told me the other day that I have a softness to my layouts, and that’s what she likes about them. However, if I need to, I will do grungy as well. I think you would call me an eclectic scrapper, or maybe a jack of all trades.



Which colour are you drawn to the most and do you know why?

I have always loved blue, but it doesn’t always feature on my pages. I love working with tones of orange at the moment, and for some strange reason, I have picked up green into some of my work, which was traditionally a no go zone for me. I think I will fluctuate with colours. It would have been easier for me to answer the question of colours I am not drawn to – PURPLE – I just can’t do it!



Typically how many photos do you put on your layout?

Typically I am a one photo scrapper, but I will add more if the challenge or layout needs it. I find with one photo, I can become more artistic, it also allows for more journaling.



What is your best piece of advice for someone just starting out in this craft?

There is no right or wrong. Do what feels right to you, and try not to copy exactly what someone else has done – you often feel disappointed that it doesn’t look the same. The idea is to create something that you like.




You still have time until the end of the month to upload your take on our SILVER LIGHT challenge.

All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our wonderful colour this month.








2 comments:

Jessica T said...

I love your layouts. I generally don't do patterned paper backgrounds myself, but yours are gorgeous and make me want to do them more!

Candace said...

Love your work
It is amazing. Love the layers you add and the colour
Thank you for sharing and inspiring us