Sunday 22 January 2017

Getting to know ...

Each month one of our team will either introduce themselves and their lovely work to you with a few questions and answers or alternatively inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.


This month we introduce  ...

New Zealand


How long have you been scrapbooking and what first got you started?

As I am answering this question it got me thinking – I have always thought it was 2004, but I think it was actually 2001, as I can remember my daughter still trying to do a page at the age of 5 and she is now 20. My neighbour started her own business and invited a few of us to come over and give it a try – I was hooked. I scrapped at every opportunity – even in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn’t sleep. I used to wake up with these ideas running around in my head – and then had to go and scrap them (perhaps having a note book and writing these down and scrapping them in the more sane hours of the day would have been more advantageous in the sleep department). It was really handy having a scrapbooking business three houses away from my house (not handy on the budget though) ….

Is there anyone in the scrapbooking industry you particularly admire?

There are a number of very talented people in the industry that I admire. Anna Dabrowska aka Finnabair, Frank Garcia, Gabrielle Pollaco and Di Garling - I also had the lovely privilege a few weeks ago of attending 3 classes taught by Natalie May. Each and every one of these scrapbooker’s are incredible – and I draw huge inspiration from them.

If you could go to a retreat location anywhere (real or not) where would you go? 

I would love to go to a remote island where the weather is warm. Set up my craft space, scrap when I want to and then go for a swim or stroll on the beach at sunset. Do a little scrapping, and then have a little fun and then a little more scrapping – and the best part, is not having to pack anything away – just leave it as is. Someone would also be cooking and cleaning …… ideal!

Are you drawn to a particular brand you like to work with?

There are two brands I like to work with – Prima and Graphic 45. I love flowers, the shabby chic look and also the vintage look – and Prima seems to encapsulate this into their ranges. I love working with their papers and love the way they coordinate the embellishments to suit – and the variety of embellishments that Prima produce to compliment all their ranges (and that can be used with other ranges and projects). Their products never seem to tire. Graphic 45 – I love fussy cutting and the graphics and detail that Graphic 45 have with their ranges is just ideal for that. Their ranges are amazing for creating mini albums with.

What is your best piece of advice for someone just starting out in this craft?

Do not compare yourself to what others create – enjoy what you create, as your creation is a reflection of who you are with a wonderful story to tell.

Here are a few of my recent layouts.  If you would like to see more of my work  please visit me on my  BLOG.




~~~~~~

You still have time until the end of the month to upload your take on our PRINCESS PINK challenge.  All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our gorgeous colour this month.


No comments: